Work was interesting to say the least. Not that I had much to do, as with most first days, I spent the majority of my time smiling at walkers-by.. who politley nod and make their way back to their dreary 5X4's. Incredibley, I was paired up with a coworker for my orientation, who's name is Judd. Yes. Judd. I knew I was up for a good day.
Judd is your typical, unremarkable, safe 40 something from the outskirts of Toronto. Born and raised in a small town, and hasnt so much as broken an egg in the first 4 decades of his life I imagine. Very nice guy. Sorta looks over his glasses confused sometimes. He certainly doesnt understand my accent much. But he's nice. Repetative.. but nice. Repetative but nice. Safe shoes. Clarks I think. Clarks.
In any case, the most of my day was occupied by various IT guys coming in to set me up on my technology, passcard, computer etc etc. One of these guys was Amit. Amit the techie. Another nice guy, Bengalese by origin, but certainly has spent more time in Canada- and behind a computer screen, than he should have. In any case, he came in a few times to set me up and each time he came in Judd would tell him the same story of how... 'my roof is leaking, cos I have a snow valley in my garage roof, and its leaking.. and I just got a new car. Well its not new its 10 years old, but it was only $1000... and sure, as soon as you get a car, something goes wrong with your house right? right? So I got a new car. Leaking roof. But then I live in a swirl. You know.. A snow swirl? Piles of it. Up on my house.. terrible. Never buy a house in the summer. Never. Piles of it. '
Poor Amit was in a world of annoyance in the meanwhile. Not only did the Rid scanner not work but he has to hear about the leaking roof 5 times. I think Judd just has a very short memory. Like that fish in finding Nemo...
Anyways, I have stuff to construct here in the condo, like a rack for hanging up clothes.. whoot whoot.. sweet.
Neil
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
will you contact me? simplymUSED@gmail.com?
Post a Comment